Disaster Planning Documents
The following information will help you plan for a disaster before it occurs:
- Emergency Planning Checklist - A comprehensive checklist to make sure everything is taken into consideration.
- Disaster Preparedness Checklist - A 10-step disaster preparedness checklist.
Forms: All forms are found on TrustGDC's online management portal. To learn how your business can have access to these forms and many more for only $97 month click here.
Emergency Contact Information - Have your employees fill out this form so you know who to contact in case of an emergency.
Telecommuting Agreement - If they work from home.
Emergency Loan Agreement - If you plan to make any disaster loans.
- Online Disaster Resources - Lists the best disaster resources on the internet.
- Sample Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness Plan - A great sample emergency plan to fill in the blanks by Ready.gov (PDF only).
- Sample Employer Information Sheet - Addresses questions regarding company closings, failure to report to work, policy and procedures.
- Fair Labor Standards Act Memo - On paying employees during a disaster.
- Disaster Outline for Managing Employee Obligations During a Disaster - Addresses the legal issues and obligations employers face after hurricanes and other disasters.
- MP3 - Listen to the audio file of the April 19, 2006 teleclass on "Managing Employee Obligations During Hurricanes and Other Disasters".
- Earthquake Preparedness Resources
- OSHA's Hazard Exposure and Risk Assessment Matrix for Hurricane Response and Recovery Work
Swine Flu Preparation:
There is much concern over how the Swine Flu will affect the US workplace this year. Savvy employers will prepare for the worse. Here is a list of excellent resources :
- CDC Influenza Toolkit
- H1N1 Legal Implications